Glimpses from Memories


Glimpses from Memories

-Rishi Nepal
I live in Kapan of Kathmandu. It was a great step for my life which helped me to face realities of life and to solve mingles of good and bad. The result was my life, which was almost going to wrong direction got a light to go in good direction.
It was 1999 October 29, when I still didn't know meaning of 'Han Te Temple'; I went to a local home to receive Dao without knowledge and Understanding. I have been there with my introducer Ramesh Parajuli and Guarantor Binod Lama. I didn't have any feeling, no any wish I went there. I didn't have Dao knowledge and no any local seniors to clarify it with me. Even in that situation after 1 year, The seniors from Taiwan started to give some responsibilities. From very beginning, I started to help as translator for new Dao members. I am trying to recall some moments in the journey of Dao learning here.
Incident No.1. A feeling of 'Temple is something':
In beginning days, sometime I felt why everyday I need to go temple. So one day I decided to for Movie. After morning meal, I headed for Cinema hall. So I didn't go temple. Inside heart a feeling was there that temple senior sisters may say something. But I still went for movie. I reached to Cinema hall and queued for ticket. But unfortunately, almost in my turn, the ticket was over. I was very sad. I thought,' Let's go to friend's home.' But he was also outside. Finally I was very upset and reached temple. I thought,' I m fit for this place.'
Incident No.2.  Family Obstruction
Often from temple we needed to go many places for Dao propagation. In those days I, Prakash, Binod and Manoj generally walk together for Dao propagation. Once I met one my cousin brother on the way when I was carrying a container having the Dao receiving materials. He probably said this with my mother. My mother Bombarded many questions over me. Questions were as such: What you get by carrying those bags? How much money you earn from that? Will they make your future? And other questions were also there. I didn't reply. Just I continued the work. But now I am very happy because my mother also likes to walk same path which I walked. Then I feel, Yes! Dao has something, which always inspired me to go on forward.
Incident No. 3. Expression of happiness from Father unknowingly
Actually, my father is very strict Hindu. He wished his children as his successor. No any parents want their child walk in other path than they wish. One day, Guru Tseng, Lecturer Chen and Lecturer Joseph came to my home. Coincidently, my father was also at home (It is almost impossible to meet him in daytime.) Guru and my father had had long talk. During talking, father said," It is always nice to learn good things. I am very happy for their learning good things. And I haven't stopped them to learn that." I took this sentence as his acceptance to my Dao learning.
The words of Master Tseng," When a person understands: Why a person goes to wrong path? Who can be his best friend? What are my habits? Am I bringing my friend to a wrong path? Are my behaviors and speech correct? Then only he can go to correct path" are the sentences of guidance for my life and I am trying to realize it. Even nowadays also, when I remember these words, in my heart I always feel fear and search of truth in my life.
It has been more than ten years for me to enter Han Te Temple. During these years, I had chances to meet many people. These meetings had given me a feeling that now environment and people's understanding has been changed. I feel that the journey forward is more difficult. The road of Dao cultivation for me from single life to life with family was more difficult for me. But I believe, the path of cultivation will be continued by overcoming the obstacles even in speed of Turtle.  I am very grateful to all my seniors who corrected my mistakes and helped me to go forward. Thanks go Ji gong Teacher for choosing me to work for God. 

Comments